Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brooke’s update

I was trying to decide to either blog about Brooke or the sugar story. Sugar story will be a longer post, and it’s late, so let’s talk about our angel:)

Well, first, let’s get caught up with our adventures. I’m so scatterbrained!

Twice, our air conditioning has broken this summer. The first time, we had a lovely breeze blowing the whole night. We left the windows open, and it felt just fine. It made me remember my time living in Provo before serving an LDS mission. I would leave the windows open at night, and the cool Utah summer wind would blow through my room. Then, I woke up and remembered we were in Vegas, ha ha!

Here’s the 2nd time it broke. Ethan liked all his tools.

IMG_0748[1]

More summer pool fun!

IMG_0749[1]

IMG_0750[1]

IMG_0751[1]

Love this!

IMG_0752[1]

One massive pizza for a fun dinner!

IMG_0754[1]

Best toy in the house; the maze ball. Ethan loves it. It’s addicting and fun.

IMG_0759[1]

Getting ready for bed:)

IMG_0762[1]

Ok, Brooke! Recently, I noticed Brooke around a few babies her age. Those babies were crawling, sitting up, and moving everywhere. Brooke can’t sit on her own, push herself up on her tummy, or crawl. She can only roll everywhere. I called up Early intervention, and some nice ladies came out a couple weeks afterwards. Turns out Brooke is 50% behind in her gross motor skills, the sitting up stuff. She’s great with her fine motor skills, but a little behind in her speech. They said she should be doing more babbling, and she doesn’t. She does a lot of cooing, and a few good giggles for us. Once she can sit up and improve her gross motor, the speech should kick in.

Of course, any time, she could take off. I’m totally not worried at all. I just know we need to do some physical stuff with her daily to help her get caught up. She’s so tiny and sweet. This is a first for us. The boys were moving just fine, and keep on moving great. They never STOP moving:)

So, we have some work with Brooke. Any of you sweet friends do this stuff with your kids?

3 comments:

  1. hey my friend! my little Bogy didn't roll over until he was 9 months old, didn't crawl until he was 13 months, and didn't walk until he was 16 months. He was very, very late! I also had him evaluated, and the therapist lady that came to my house suggested building an obstacle course through the living room out of the couch cushions...things to crawl and roll over and up and push aside, all those things. Anyway, we did that and also worked on giving him incentives (like crackers and toys) for moving across the room. Once he did start crawling, he started walking VERY quickly! And he is completely fine developmentally today. no worries! she'll get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister has gone through it. Her oldest boy has aspergers and then her second little girl was just a bit weaker and slower physically. She did some occupational therapy, which taught her exercises to do with both kiddos and it all worked out fine. They are now 11 and 9 and doing awesome!! Early Intervention is sooo crucial and there are great programs and people out there!! Way to go Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. All of my kids have been different in the developmental area. Tommy and Lucy were both slower with the gross motor. And it wasn't their ability, it was their desire to move. I know my pediatrician said it takes two things--the ability to do it and the desire. It sounds like she is really easy-going and so that could be it. I think it is always good to be giving them opportunities to progress, no matter what the reason. Oh, she looks like such a sweety!

    ReplyDelete