Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It’s a girl!

For those who may have missed the big announcement last week on Facebook, we are expecting our first girl!! I still am in awe of this news. It truly is exciting.

Last week, I dropped the boys off at a sitter, and drove down to my ultrasound appointment. I love these chances to drive in the car alone, listen to some church talks on my ipod, and treat myself to some small type of lunch. Every now and then, I’ll take a break from wholesome eating, and partake of some good crap. I discovered that I love the ultimate cheeseburger from the Wendy’s dollar menu. The perfect, small burger with all the toppings. I was in junk food heaven.

I was so excited with anticipation walking in to the office. I love to find out the gender! I think it’s so fun to know, and nice to prepare. I kept telling myself “It’s going to be another boy, another boy..” and then I would think “but what if it’s a girl? That would be neat.” Sure enough, as the lady and I watched the tv screen, and I held my breath waiting for her verdict, it turned out to be a girl. I was in shock, and pretty darn excited. Thoughts of having a Bath and Body works buddy, going to Young women church activities, and dressing began to float through my head. I walked all the way back to the car with a big smile on my face, and a thankful prayer in my heart. I couldn’t wait to tell Shaun. He just kept repeating to himself “We’re having a girl”. It was funny.

I can’t even begin to imagine what a girl will be like in our family. All I know is rough and tumble boys with big hearts. Ethan keeps calling the baby a ‘baby sister’. I think the boys are ok with the news. It’s still crazy and exciting to us. I knew if it was a girl, I’d want to throw myself a shower, invite friends over and eat cupcakes. When I went shopping at Walmart, I noticed the flock of pink and purple girl clothes for the first time ever.

So, we are stoked and it feels like we’ll be starting from scratch all over again with this gal, learning how to be parents to a girl. It will be wonderfulSmile

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! How exciting to have your first girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your excitement! I am so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited for you guys! So many adventures ahead of you! (And me too I guess!) :) Hey - our girls will only be a few years apart!! That could be way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did miss this news. congrats! that's exciting

    ReplyDelete