Friday, February 10, 2012

A quiet house

Do you ever have a moment at home when kids are napping, or one kid is gone with Daddy, and you just don’t know what to do with yourself? That’s what’s going on right now. Kevin is napping, Ethan went with Shaun to do errands, and Brooke it out. There are so many good things to choose to do when I have quiet time like that, and what did I do today? Browsed Pinterest and learned how to play ‘words with friends’ on my phone. I was having too much fun making a word, that I started about ten games with friends. I felt terribly guilty afterwards, thinking of how I am inconveniencing them with a game request when they are probably busy with kids, chores, etc. Yet, it was fun. Maybe one will play back and the madness will begin, ha ha!

Shaun decided to start going to the library for a few hours each day to job hunt and get things done on the laptop. As much as he loves the boys, he got a lot more done there without them jumping all over him and wanting to play.

This week, a friend of ours sold a Wii to us for dirt cheap. I was ecstatic. It felt like I was 13 again, when my mom got me a Sega Genesis for Christmas one year. Best mom ever! I guess even though I’m a grown up and a mom now, there still lies in me the dormant tomboy that I was, and I still love video games. There simply is no time to sit and play all day. Too much better things to do, but its fun to play a little at night here and there.

First night we had it, we put the kids to bed, and ran to the living room (Ok, I ran:) to play Boom Blox, the one game we bought for the wii a long time ago, even though we didn’t have the wii. It’s a super fun game like Jenga, knocking blocks over, pulling them out, accidentally hitting sheep, and getting points for it. Love it.

Other than that, not too much going on here. I made a yummy crockpot lasagna that turned out great! Recipe here. I also made Our Best Bites awesome chocolate mousse recipe. Oh, that mousse is easy and SO good. Go here for recipe.

I went to a church meeting and the topic was on getting organized. I went on a declutter crusade today, and got three bags of stuff out. Doesn’t it feel so wonderful to declutter and get organized? It’s like your home is saying “Oh, thank you” and everyone can breathe a little better.

That’s it for today:)

1 comment:

  1. Hatchling. Wouldn't that be a great play for Words With Friends. As a blogger myself, Words With Friends seems a more appropriate time-waster than, say, television. Bottom line, my blog has more word game posts than thoughtful entries. Too easily preoccupied by WWF and TV. I will always justify my TV time as long as I can tie it back to wordplay. Blame my love of Scrabble, WWF and TV trivia for me creating my blog and the anagrams I invent. Still, all these distractions keep me from posting interesting stuff like you do.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete