Monday, August 27, 2012

Friends and family visits

We were so very, very lucky to see some friends and family this summer passing through town. I love it when this happens!

My Aunt Sharon stopped by, and I had such a nice visit. We actually had ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ on at the time, and talked about when she worked on the show with Mom. I totally biffed it on not taking a picture, but I absolutely love it when Sharon sees me:)

My old buddy Andy and sweet Stacy made an epic road trip with their little men to visit their family out here. We had a mass friend gathering in their honor. So much food, and people everywhere socializing. At one moment, I wondered if this is what big family gatherings were like. It was so great to see them!

 

100_1198

Last week, my cousins and their families were heading south and stopped to see me. It made my day! I’ve been following them on their blogs. They are amazing, beautiful, and so talented. To see them in person was so much better than just on the blogs. The boys had fun playing with other kids, and I wanted to talk and talk with all the adults and learn more about them. Only had so much time before they left.

My dear cousin Lana!

100_1201

Kids brought the kitchen out, always a hit. I laughed when Kris mentioned Kevin climbing right up there. I think I’m so used to my boys climbing and being so physical everywhere, ha ha!

IMG_0861[1]

Penny is SO cute!

IMG_0863[1]

Oh man, this picture is so great but hard to get all the kids to coordinate, but this is a real kid moment:) My goodness, my boys are SO tan! Desert heat summer, that’s for sure.

100_1213

Last time we did this shot, it was at Kevin’s baby blessing! There’s Kevin down there in the pic, doing a good job wearing his big boy underwear. Melany, me and Lana. Love them:)

100_1204

My little girl and me. Too bad I blinked, but still love this pic!

100_1207

Now, the fall begins. So thankful for this summer. All the church pool parties. The swimming lessons. The food, library, and friends. A new chapter starts now, with new adventures of well, working, getting caught up with bills, and the fall season, the best!! Love Fall:)

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you! It had been way too long. :) So fun to watch our kids play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of all of our kids together on the couch. I'm so glad we got to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete