Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer’s almost over

Can you believe it? Somehow, this summer flew by. I’m trying to keep up and slow down at the same time. Swimming lessons, park in the morning, learning from this year’s gardening experience, and more.

Here’s some instagrams of our moments. I love trying to capture the moments with Instagram!

Cuties:)

IMG_0764[1]

Love it when this happens, although it usually ends up rowdy and rough.

IMG_0792[1]

Water parks! Can’t live without them.

IMG_0767[1]

One weekend, we decided to get rid of all the landscaping rocks in our backyard. They give off a ton of heat, and were roasting the garden. My goodness, what an enormous job that was. We hired one helper, and between him and Shaun, we got it done. I remember helping out raking up the little piles, while they took loads out to the large dumpster. We were bone tired. We took turns resting while one of us took care of the kids. It was so worth it. You could feel the difference in the temperature back there.

IMG_0770[1]

IMG_0773[1]

All from the backyard, wow!

IMG_0772[1]

Sweet Brooke, on a teething day.

 

IMG_0793[1]

Isn’t this picture darling? Ethan is so huge, and Brooke is so tiny! This just makes me smile.

IMG_0795[1]

IMG_0799[1]

Swimming lessons for Ethan!

IMG_0803[1]

IMG_0806[1]

I have always felt that books are such an important part of life. I make sure there is a basket of books in the most rooms to grab from. We use the library SO much. It’s a candy store.

IMG_0809[1]

Glow sticks at bath time!

IMG_0816[1]

Our random rain that we cherish!

IMG_0817[1]

Ever since I stumbled upon the idea of ‘child led weaning’, feeding Brooke has been tons easier!

IMG_0818[1]

IMG_0840[1]

Ethan and Kevin at our homeschool play group. They had a big birthday party for everyone. Lots of fun.

IMG_0819[2]

IMG_0841[1]

IMG_0842[1]

Love this pic. I got a sitter, and took Shaun with me to one of my wedding jobs. This was a beautiful outdoor reception, and it was so fun to have him there. I’d go around taking pictures, and then eat some yummy food with him. I loved this night.

IMG_0843[1]

I went on a church activity with the youth, and the boys had a blast. Boats, I mean, come on? Boy heaven. There were lots of fish in the water. One touched Ethan’s leg and he completely freaked. It was funny.

IMG_0846[1]

Boys in my new garden boxes. Nothing makes me happier than having more space to grow food!

IMG_0848[1]

IMG_0849[1]

I’m preparing to start our homeschooling in September, and have been buying curriculum of Amazon. It’s exciting. I’m trying to not get overwhelmed, and keep things simple. Simple, simple, is what I always love and yet, its not always simple over here. Crazy at times, of course. It will be a great learning adventure.

Brooke is finally pushing herself up on her tummy more! I got to get a pic of it to show, but at 10 months she’s getting there:) I love hearing her giggle and her holding on to me when I carry her. It’s the best.

Yesterday, we got Kevin a little potty, and tried for the third time to potty train him. He shocked us by pooping in it, his first success. Highly great! Today, he’s done fabulous. I think I’ve learned. Feed him popcorn and lots of juice, time it, and then try to get him to sit when its about time to tinkle. I’ve learned not to let him go hide in his room and tinkle in there, ha ha! So, I think I’m getting somewhere with this potty stuff. He’s three and a half! It’s about time.

And, Kevin is up! Here we go again with the focus on the potty stuff. We got Netflix at just the right time, as he sits on his potty, watches a show, and we try to master this task. We’re also trying not to have cabin fever, too. Oh, this week will be good, but I wonder how going out with Kevin will be now. New chapters:)

I want to write more, but gotta go. Simple, breathe, pray, hugs and love, that’s the goals around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment