Monday, November 19, 2012

He cares

I had a neat, little lesson learning experience this weekend. I was going by myself to the Post office to deliver photo orders. As I got out of the car, I had the distinct prompting to ‘check for keys’. Like an idiot, I assumed that I had them in my purse, and that there was nothing to worry about. I locked the car, shut the door, and promptly locked my keys in the car.

I realized this as I was inside paying for my packages. As I dug around in my purse searching for keys, I thought to myself, ‘Oh, man, that was the spirit prompting me. Why didn’t I listen?’ I laughed at myself going back to the car, peering in the window, and seeing the keys inside.

I called Shaun, and started walking towards the library. It was a beautiful day, and I really didn’t have far to walk. I looked at the trees, and the gorgeous clouds surrounding the brown mountains that are growing on me. (Not a fan of desert beauty, but it’s fun to find beauty in everything. At least, I’m trying:)

I was so thankful that my legs worked, I could walk far, and my body was in amazing shape to do so. For that short walk, I had time to reflect on how many things I was blessed with.

I though about Heavenly Father, and how He cares so much about his children. He cares about the little things in our lives, and wants to help us always. Even something as small as locking your keys in the car. I mean, that’s not a huge thing in the eternal perspective, but it matters to Him. It’s so neat to be reminded about that.

Lesson I learned; when the spirit prompts you to do something, for heaven’s sake, don’t assume you’re smart and know all;  just act on the dang prompting!

1 comment: