Monday, April 18, 2011

The busy weekend

This was a very busy weekend. Shaun flew out to Colorado Friday morning. There was a family gathering, and we could only afford for him to travel at the time. It was meant to be that I stayed home with the boys. Wednesday, I got the call of my dreams. A friend from church told me that they were in a bind, and needed a photographer for her son’s wedding that Friday, at the temple.  I got my first booked wedding of the business. Huge jumps of joy. All the second shooting and preparation paid off, as I had not an ounce of worry or fear for the big day. It was just so awesome to be the main photographer, and I loved every minute of it. My friend Celise was my fun second shooter.

Here’s some behind the scene shots that the groom’s sister tookSmile

206251_603296147759_23801703_32884730_3693616_n

208582_603296157739_23801703_32884731_8188616_n

And there’s my pregnant belly!

207212_603246103049_23801703_32883693_3481708_n

Their reception was outdoors. Outdoor receptions rock!! Natural lighting. Third one in a row for me.

215952_603303028969_23801703_32884835_4224972_n

Friday night, I came home pretty pooped. Receptions are the hardest physical part of the job, as I’m on my feet for about 2 hours. In the past, I tried wearing some snazzy looking black shoes that were more dressy, but my feet hurt after a bit. This time, I tried wearing my old black mission shoes. They are Josef Sibel shoes, and cost a pretty penny awhile back, (nine years ago! Wow!) but they’re leather and held up super. That night, no hurting feet. So I now choose to forgo dressy shoes for comfortSmile

The next day, I had the morning home with the boys, and the whole afternoon doing some spring mini sessions. I am amazed at how beautiful Floyd Lamb is. Most of my clients had never been there, and it was SO green with loads of trees. Looked completely like another state. Those sessions were fun, and slightly easier than the wedding. Sweet families.

I am eternally grateful for the babysitters I used this weekend. Bless you!

Sunday, I went to church with the boys. I sang in the choir, as another one of my sitters sat with the boys for that song. I have a huge respect for any mothers out there that go to church with their kiddos on their own. Thankfully, the boys were not difficult, and it was a good day. We had the stake primary presidency do our music and sharing time for the kids. The music gal had the voice of an angel, and when she sang, a pin drop could be heard. I felt honored to accompany her. (primary pianist at the moment)

Next, another garden post. The cherry tomatoes are getting HUGE! Taking over the bedSmile

 

2 comments:

  1. i just read about your laptop and blog not working! bummer! my laptop got accidentally wiped like 6 months ago and the only thing that saved me was an external hardrive that i copied all our files to every few months. buy one for sure if you don't already, it's a lifesaver!

    and cute preggo belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the photo shoot. How did it all turn out?

    ReplyDelete