Friday, April 22, 2011

Thankful for the little stuff


I’ve been trying to keep up with the daily stuff, but it seems that the days fly by, and I am pooped. Probably the pregnant part plays into that, along with keeping up with these rambunctious boys of mine. I am trying my best to make each day special with them. Challenges always seem to abound, but there are sweet moments, too. Here’s some:

  • Ethan and Kevin playing more together, even though Ethan gets very upset when Kevin wants a break, and begins yelling at him full force, thus making him cry. I try my best to help them out.
  • Frozen corn dogs and crock pot liners. Sometimes, I just don’t know what to do for lunch, and the frozen stuff from costco sure helps. I will not cook in a crock pot without a liner anymore. They just make the hard cleanup process disappear, and are the greatest things ever in the ziploc isle.
  • Getting three out of four mini sessions edited within a week of the shoot date. I try not to get behind in that, and I’m proud of myself with that accomplishment.
  • Having a regular bedtime schedule. It sure helps. Each night, the boys go to bed at 7pm. Gasp! I knowSmile They simply are not late night owls. None of us are. Boys are in bed by 7, we shower and crash into bed by 7:30. Then, I have a small half hour of talking and laughing with a grown up, my best friend. By 8, we are SO tired and can barely keep our eyes open. One, Shaun goes to work quite early, and two, I am pooped from mothering, cleaning dishes, cleaning up, trying to teach the boys to clean up, and doing my best to love my little guys. We are in the ‘physical’ chapter of parenting right now, breaking up fights, stopping jumping on couches, etc. I wonder if there will be nights when we are not so dead tired by 8. Probably when the kids are older, right?
  • The garden. It is so wonderful to have. It’s blooming like crazy. I love sitting in a camping chair, and holding Ethan on my lap, talking about God’s creations and such. This usually happens around 7am, before we get Kevin up. Kevin sleeps in. Blessing.
  • The sound of laughter from the boys. It’s so fun to tickle them, and hear them giggle. Pure heaven in a bottle.

When I had challenging moments this week, I tried to remember these things. It helps. Prayer does too. Just trying to take it step by step, constantly trying to slow down around the house, and figure out this mothering stuff. Sure learn a lot from you dear friendsSmile

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful life, to me! And I'm not complaining. Just looking at my life as a mother and wife is so rewarding, despite the challenges, and it definitely helps me to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete