Monday, April 11, 2011

Simple blessings

Lately, I’ve just been trying to slow down and stress less. We’ve had some great days and challenging days with the boys, and I just want to have more calmer days. True, the rough stuff will still come, but I’m trying to really listen and think before I react to whatever crazy thing Ethan is doing, to give more hugs and kisses, and involve the boys in as much as possible.

We’ve been playing a lot in the garden. Ethan loves to snitch red strawberries, and delights in how ‘tasty’ they are. Shaun and I agree. Home grown strawberries sure blow store bought ones out of the water. The extreme sweetness, wow! I will work on getting some new garden pics up soon. The beds are getting filled in with plants from Star Nursery, and some of my seedlings.

I have learned so much from listening to the podcast conversation of Christian and Stephanie Nielson, the burned couple that have incredible and humble testimonies. Every time I’ve had a photo assignment to go on, I’ve keep listening to that podcast. I love her blog! I will read her words, and be reminded to quit complaining, and look more for the simple beauty in life. I am so thankful for her words and amazing friends I know that teach me wonderful lessons without even knowing it. Friends are gold, period. We’re all on this earthly journey together, and need each other so much, as Marjorie Hinckley has said. I couldn’t survive without the kindness of friends babysitting my boys, or sharing recipes and tips with me, and more. Thanks to all. I must got get started for the day. Here’s to making this Monday better than the usual, crazy back to Monday daysSmile

No comments:

Post a Comment