Friday, October 21, 2011

Our week in pictures

Brooke had her second feeding at 5:30 this morning. After I put her down, I pretty much was awake. I laid in bed and read scriptures and blogs on my phone under the covers. I read some more of ‘Sense and Sensibility’ in the bathroom. Love the quiet of the early morning. Love amazing books. Any time I read Jane Austen, I enter an old world of elegance and beauty in the spoken word. Austen had such a talent for writing. Where would we be without amazing authors who give us great books?

It’s Friday! I’m making some form of pasta today for dinner, and that makes me happy beyond measure. Can’t live without pasta.

Here are some fun pictures:

Little Brooke, all relaxed and happy. I love the clothes! I’m discovering that girl clothes are incredibly fun. She is getting so big, and fast! I have a feeling she may be taking Shaun’s big, tall genes. By the second week, she already was to big for newborn onesies. Wow.

100_0557100_0558100_0559100_0561IMG_0298

An incredible blessing: A friend in my local photographer FB group wanted to play around with some newborn shots, and offered to do some pictures for me. As you can see, she’s totally into the newborn photography stuff, by all the blankets, props, etc. I was so thankful for this. What a turn of the tables for me, since I spent the summer doing free shoots for some brides. They turned out amazing, and I will show them soon on the blog!

IMG_0301

This week, I went out with all three for the first time, to Brooke’s doctor appointment. It wasn’t too bad, mainly because Brooke still sleeps a ton all day. I packed toys and snacks to bring to the office, and it really helped the boys. Waiting rooms are so small and boring for kiddos. I’m happy to say that Brooke’s jaundice is gone, she’s 8 pounds, and doing fabulous!

We all went to the park yesterday. The boys needed some physical activity. They were getting fussy and yucky at each other back home, which means get them out and run them around!

IMG_0307IMG_0308IMG_0309

Here’s a few from the big camera, practicing more on focusing.

IMG_1693 copy

The catch lights in Ethan’s eyes, ahhh! Love it!

IMG_2029 copyIMG_2282 copyIMG_2283 copyIMG_2284 copyIMG_2480 copy

I read the latest blog post from the Nienie blog this morning. Every time I read her blog, I am always inspired to complain less and look for the beauty around the world more. How thankful I am for other fellow sons and daughters of God in this world, that share their thoughts and stories with us.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your are doing good. That's crazy that Brooke is already out of newborn onesies. My little guy is still fit in them. Thanks for sharing your fun with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke is so beautiful. Can't wait to hold her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics Erin! Brooke is sooooo cute. It's fun to have a girl huh? Although, I gotta say, your boys have eyelashes that most girls would kill for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, you are such a doll!! I love your pure, honest words. You inspire me. Thank you! Your children are BEAUTIFUL. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erin! I hadn't checked your blog for a bit, and, hello! you had your beautiful baby girl! Congratulations! I am just so thrilled for you! I am glad that she is home now, and that things are going reasonably well :) Newborn life is always such an adjustment! Thanks for taking the time in your super busy mom life to share your amazing family with all of us. We love you guys! May the Lord bless you and keep you -- jen

    ReplyDelete