Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Little smiles

Brooke is now one month old. Boy, did that fly by fast! She is such a good baby. So content, as others have mentioned. I’m finding life to be much easier than I expected with three kids. Well, probably right now at least, since she sleeps all the time. The last part of the day leading up to dinner is still chaos. I think that’s the universal hard time for moms and kids, 4-7pm for us. Yet, I’m surviving, yea!

Wonderful thing: Brooke started smiling back at me this week. I was holding her, and talking to her all sweet, and she gave me the biggest smile. My heart just melted, and I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for this little angel sent to our home.

100_0568

Small window of awake timeSmile I forgot about how important it is to not miss the ‘window’, the chance to put babies to sleep before they get overtired. One night this week, we missed it, and kept her up too long. It took us 2 hours to get her to fall asleep. The next night, I got her up at 6pm to feed her, put her down at 6:30, and she went to sleep without a peep. SO much easier. Last night, fed her at 9pm, 12:30 am, and then she slept till 5. Thank you, Brooke!! I’ll take 4 hours of sleep, bliss for a newborn night.

We didn’t quite make it for Halloween this year. We took the boys to the church Trunk or Treat, but dinner was served first, and that took a bit of time. We waited for the trunk or treating to begin, but Ethan fell asleep in Shaun’s lap. They both were too pooped. So, there’s always next year:)

100_0564100_0567

My little darlings:)

I practiced a lot before my mini sessions started last week. I love these pictures. I mainly opened my aperture way huge, 1. 4, which makes the background super blurry. I love it!! I wanted to nail it before I did that with my clients. Last weekend, Shaun stayed home with the boys, and I did some families up in the lovely meadows of Calico Basin. Oh, after taking a little camera break, it was so wonderful to take pictures again. I had so much fun. I always get a little nervous before a shoot, and say a prayer that I can take the best pictures possible. I think He helped me last weekend. Round 2 starts this weekend. I try really hard to schedule certain time for computer/picture work. Basically 6am, and 2pm. Family definitely comes first.

I just love these shots of my men.

IMG_2761 copyIMG_2852 copyIMG_2853 copy

I’m just glad I can take care of these guys, read books to them, take them to the park to play in this blessed cooler weather. We’re waiting for some really cool bikes coming in the mail for the boys. It’s a Strider bike. No pedals, just balancing, and pedaling along with their feet. They push along, lift their legs and glide, learning how to balance first before pedaling. I saw these on a homeschool blog, and then saw a kid on one at the park. I was sold. As soon as they get here, we’ll be outside a  lot more!

3 comments:

  1. You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles with the 4-7:00 hours of the days.

    Beautiful pictures, by the way. I love to hear what you do to make the pictures turn out the way they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call from 4-7 the "witching hours" because that's what Mom turns into! :) Actually ours lasts till kids are in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me and not taking Halloween that seriously. Tommy had a leftover costume, but stayed home with Daddy for our Trunk or Treat. Oh, well. There are plenty of years ahead, like you said. :)

    ReplyDelete