Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A little family visit

This month sure is a busy one! Taking a moment this morning to catch up on the blog. Recently, we had a wonderful visit from Shaun’s sister Dana, her son JJ, and their tiny dog Mitzi. I love having family and friends spend the night. I just absolutely love having a home and sharing it with others. I always bust out the cotton sheets and down comforters, and making the bathroom clean and guest ready.

As soon as they got here, Dana promptly made a yummy fruit salad large enough to feed an army, consisting of canned fruit, yogurt and cool whip. We happily ate it all weekend long. JJ got his fill of Ethan jumping and playing with him. They loved little Brooke, and she was passed around everywhere. It was just a nice weekend to have a house filled with family and dogs.

Handsome JJ

IMG_5144

Cuties!

IMG_0459[1]

IMG_0460[1]

IMG_0461[1]

Enjoying “Despicable Me” I love that movie. It cracks me up so much!

IMG_0464[1]

Professional baby sitter, as long as he has his DS:)

IMG_0466[1]

Mitzi decided to take a nap with Kevin. Hilarious.

IMG_0469[1]

Our little angel Brooke at 2 months. Love her!

IMG_0472[1]

Then, it was time for the family to go home. Sad times for us. We loved having them.

Ethan and I made some snowglobes during quiet time last week. It was so easy and such fun. We used cheap baby food jars, little trees and snow men from Michaels, glitter and a hot glue gun. It’s a tradition I want to do each year. Snow globes are so magical. Something about seeing little things inside a jar with glitter swirling around makes me so happy.

IMG_0477[1]

IMG_0478[1] 

We also took the family to see the live Nativity show that happens every year in town. We bundled them up, brought hot chocolate, braved the crowds to find a seat, and had a nice time. The church does such an awesome job at this show. Live donkey, horses, sheep, tons of volunteers dressed up in nativity clothes, and angels. Oh, how I love the angel part. On top of the building, the angels come out and sing. The lights shine on them, and there’s mist all around the angel Gabriel. The boys looked up and were entranced. I kept wiping tears from my eyes. Spirit is so strong on that part. We just held the boys close under our blanket, watched the show, and felt the true spirit of Christmas. Beautiful.

Yesterday, we made sugar cookies to deliver to friends. It was a good idea in the morning. The kids had about a 3 minute attention span with making the cookies, and left to do other things. That night, I was grumpy from Ethan not listening all day long. I packed the kids up and our goodies to deliver. Shaun stayed home with Brooke.

Each home we visited had such a wonderful spirit of love that lifted and strengthened me. As the door opened, the boys promptly took their shoes and jackets off, and ran off to play with the kids and their toys. It took a bit to get them ready to leave, but I’m grateful it turned out that way. Being around the other moms helped me not be grumpy, and strengthened me to try again the next day. Isn’t it wonderful when you just feel like the cruddiest parent and don’t know what your doing, you visit some stellar moms who have such a loving heart, and you’re lifted to be better? That’s what happened last night, so I’m glad that we delivered our goodies:)

Merry Christmas! I can’t wait Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you love to host and love others. Erin, you are an inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete