Monday, January 30, 2012

Precious gifts

Church was so nice yesterday. I’ve been bringing little Sunday bags of stuff for the kids to do each week, rotating them weekly. We also sit by an angel family who play quietly with our boys, saints. The insanely stressful sacrament meetings of the boys being challenging seem to be dwindling away. I just decided to research on pinterest for Sunday ideas to help little ones, and its been going a lot better. I love it when I get determined. I research online, and then do my best to apply what I’ve learned to our situation. Now, if I could only be productive all the time, ha!

It’s been a month of Shaun being home. I’m starting to forget the long, hard days of him working all day and the boys missing him. He’s had 4 interviews, but nothing yet. We are continuing to apply every day for work, and praying to be led in the right direction. One huge blessing that happened last week was receiving unenmployment benefits. That’s a little bit of help to hold us over until income comes in. There’s always something good that happens!

I had some balloons for a photo shoot. Great fun for the boys! I love these pictures of the family. These guys are my precious gifts. Even when some days are so very hard, at least there’s another day to try again, and give these kiddos lots of love. I woke up this morning and thought, “So glad to be alive, and have another day to be here on this earth with my loved ones.” Seriously! Sometimes, I find myself coasting through the days, and not getting the most out of them. That stinks when that happens. So much wasted time. I find it takes focused effort and lots of daily prayers to remember the small stuff, like having another day to breathe and live. Satan is such a snot to derail our joyful moments. Personally, I think he needs a good bowl of pasta, and he might be a little happier:)

IMG_7387IMG_7389IMG_7401IMG_7430IMG_7432IMG_7434IMG_7440

Kevin loves playing with his trains, all the time!! I will lay on the ground with him, and push trains around. He demands ‘play trains with me!’ a lot. With no Direct TV, there’s been more time to do better stuff. Yet, when we do watch TV, all the boys want to see is the ending train part of Back to the Future 3, over and over and over again. The love watching that steam train fly down the tracks pushing the time machine. It’s fun.

IMG_7632IMG_7647IMG_7649

So, here’s another week of trying each day to job hunt, continue the school quest, spend time with the family, practice taking pictures, making good food, and trying to make each moment count. I am forever grateful for the examples of my friends and fellow moms. They always strengthen me when I feel like a weakling, and lift me. Guys, I love your blogs. I try my best to comment on all of them, but I do read them and walk away enriched. My cousins are amazing to me. My dear roomates from college inspire me with their adventures they are on. My mommy friends show me how to make life better with every blog post. I just can’t thank everyone enough for letting their light shine so little people like me can be blessed by it. Thank you:)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is a lifter for me! Everytime I read it, I come away renewed and ready to do better. I need to be better at recognizing the tender mercies of the Lord, like you. Hope things continue to get better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete