Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Staying busy

We are alive. We are doing ok, and we are busy. Every single day, there has been a list of things to do. From going to the welfare office to apply for food stamps and cash assistance, applying for unemployment benefits, and taking the boys to the park, we’ve been busy. Thank you everyone, for all your sweet comments last post. Thank you for caring about our little family. Love you all:)

Every day, Shaun has applied for jobs, from 3-5 jobs daily. Lots of health care work. He’s had three interviews so far, and has another one this week. No word yet on the other interviews. I’m really thinking its in the Lord’s hands. Whatever job is supposed to be the right one for him, that’s the one that will call him back and hire him. So, we’ve been working and waiting. Shaun learned how to do a stellar interview from youtube videos. I told him to always wear a Sunday shirt, pants and tie to the interview. It’s great to see him so confident.

It’s been a dream to have Shaun home everyday. The kids love it, and at times, he gets worn out from all day kids, but he’s enjoyed it. I’ve been spoiled beyond measure to have someone home to help with the laundry, dishes, kids, and everything else that I try to get done each day. Supreme spoiling. I know that when Shaun works again, I will have to get used to being on my own at home, but I’m not thinking of that right now:)

Since the Direct TV was shut off, we’ve had more time to read and do other things. We do enough junk on our phones, and it’s been nice to have that distraction gone.

I was grateful to have one photo shoot for a beautiful model this month. January is the slow month for photographers, so this was a blessing. Just more help to pay utilities. That’s the most important thing we are saving our pennies for now. Keeping up the bills.

In the meantime, we had a little birthday party for Kevin. His birthday was in the middle of the chaotic week of losing the job and reassessing our lives. He really wanted a party, so we had a little one at the park. A few friends showed up for some yummy Oreo cupcakes and to support the little guy. I just love an opportunity to make cupcakes! Everyone had a great time, and it was the simple things like balloons and cupcakes that made it special.

100_0744

100_0747

100_0752

100_0762

Sunday cuties, although Ethan was not thrilled to take a picture, ha ha!

100_0783

Best present ever, the Strider bikes. The boys are always on them, and love to take them to the park. It makes me happy to see them be boys and be active at the park. It always puts them in a better mood. 100_0805100_0807100_0809

One of our days doing some school stuff. Just having fun with paints. I had fun taking pictures with my boys. I’m trying to do better at enjoying the moments before they fleet away so fast. I heard an amazing testimony of a mom who has 7 kids. She just energized my love of being a mother. I need to remember every day how lucky I am to have three, beautiful sweet souls in our family.

100_0790100_0791100_0798100_0799100_0800100_0801100_0792100_0793100_0796

Brooke is 3 months old, and captures our heart every day. I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s an angel baby. I’ve never had an angel baby before. She sleeps all night, never cries except when she’s tired, and smiles every day. She’s such a gift, and we love her! We love the boys, too, but a girl baby is definitely different.

100_0828100_0831100_0832

100_0868

The cutest dress for Sunday. It’s a 6 month old dress, and she’s only 3. She’s so big!

100_0881100_0882100_0883100_0885

In the meantime, we’ve been enjoying time with the boys, highly enjoying not getting up at 3:30am for work, attempting to eat healthier, and learning how to have better faith and trust in this chapter. I’ve been attempting to exercise each day on the treadmill. It feels great, yet I always have an audience. The boys love sitting at the end of the treadmill, and putting their cars on it to see the wheels go fast. It’s crazy fun!

I saw “The Help”, loved it, got the book, and love reading it now. In the kitchen, I’m still experimenting with trying to get bread dough to rise high enough to be actual sandwich bread. I struggle with making bread, it’s ridiculous and funny. So far, I’ve learned that I need to cover the bowl with saran wrap, put the bowl in the oven or the microwave, with a cup of hot water in the microwave, to make it rise, make sure the yeast hasn’t expired, and not let the dough rise too long on the second rise. Learned this after many cups of wasted flour on bread, but hey, I’m learning! At the moment, I’m experimenting with the Artisian no knead pizza dough. So excited to see how that turns out. No kneading, love it!

Ok, enough blabbing:)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing the right things and keeping a postive outlook on life. What more do you need really? :) Hope Shaun gets a job soon, because I guess you kinda do need money in this world, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if Shaun has thought about sending a thank you note after an interview, but it sure helPs them remember you. Good luck. We are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin! So fun to see your adorable kids, so sad to hear about all the stress with Shaun's job. I'm so sorry that it's been so rough! We'll keep you in our prayers, and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys. We love you! - the ferres

    ReplyDelete