Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cloth diapers!

Thanks to the encouragement of a good friend, we made the switch to cloth diapers for Brooke. Money is tight right now, and I got tired of throwing money out the window on diapers. I love the cloth diapers. All I can say is ‘Why the heck did I not do this sooner?"’

Everyone seems to have mixed opinions on them. I get a lot of ‘You’re brave!’ comments. I think the poop issue is something that was worried about. Apparently, it’s not a big deal at all. You just dump it in the toilet, swish the diaper around to get rid of smell, and throw it in its own hamper. I think I can handle that. I do laundry every day already, so not a problem there. Bottom line, just don’t have extra money for diapers each month, so we thought we’d give this a shot.

We got a big box of diapers, pins, and covers. Let me know if you want the link, and I’ll gladly email it to you! At first, we had no idea how to put them on Brooke. She was so cute laying on the bed, waiting patiently while we fumbled about. Looked up some videos on youtube, and that did the trick! A super friend gave me her clips that work a ton better than pins, and that made life wonderful.

Here’s our cutie, almost 5 months! She’s starting to find her little voice, and sounds like a little bird cooing all the time. She gets hugs from the boys all the time.

100_0948

100_0926

I got my haircut recently, and my friend wanted to straighten my hair. I told her go for it, because it takes a long time to do. Hadn’t done it since college, so I knew it would be fun for Shaun to see. It has a Cinderella effect, because when I wash it, the straightness disappears and goes back to wavy, but it’s fun, huh?

100_0928

Boys. Mud. Outdoors. Dirt. This is my life, ha ha!

100_0941

Our school for the day: Putting numbers on their mat, and having them drive to the numbers. Gotta make it fun:)

100_0937

Love this pic. The boys were laying down still in our bed one night. They only do that if they are sick, but this night, they just were simmering down in a nice way. We all got together and snuggled for a bit. Loved it! Wish that would happen more, but I just try to enjoy those moments better. Love these kids. Trying every day to figure out the parenting/disciplining crap, but above all, I just love them. Love that I have bunkbeds and cribs for them, warm cotton sheets, a backyard for them to run in, and bikes.

By the way, made this homemade chocolate pudding yesterday. SO, so good!!

2 comments:

  1. nice, I have wanted to do that for a while for the money issue. Another note... The worht the weight in gold Tshirt... my Ethan has the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, your hair looks so cute straightened. And Brooke is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete