Thursday, March 1, 2012

My little getaway

**Been meaning to post this awhile ago. Sometimes, life gets so darn busy to blog! :D**

Last week was amazing, and super busy. Once a year, 25,000 photographers flock here from all over the world to attend WPPI, a conference full of 2 hour classes from pro photographers, a huge trade show of vendors, and more. I was very, very lucky to go for three days with some of my oh-so-cool mommy photog friends:)

Shaun was a saint, and took care of the kids so I could fly down the freeway and enter the land of cameras for some great knowledge. One day, Shaun watched my friend’s kids and ours so we could both go to our class. Six kids, all very young. I was praying for him while I was in my classes that day. Supremely awesome husband!!

The blessing of living in the city of this conference was that I didn’t need to stay in a hotel or buy food. Each day, I packed sandwiches, granola bars, water, wore comfy shoes, and took tons of notes. I loved talking with people, seeing where they were from, and hearing about their businesses. At lunch, I sat on the grass outside the buildings, and listened to all the different accents spoken. I saw lots and lots of jeans and boots. I guess boots on women are the rage right now.

I met some of the superstars of photography land. (I really didn’t know how big they were until someone told me, ha ha!) One of them was an incredibly gracious and kind woman named MeRa Ko. She taught some wonderful tips on family photography and photographing little ones. She is a natural light photographer, and her work is beautiful.

I bought her inspiring little book. As I was attempting to win an Ipad, I sat and read through it, looking at the beautiful images of babies. It was right then that I felt such peaceful, inspirational feeling, (amazing that I felt this in the trade show, an huge room of vendors and tons of noise) a reminder of why I started going gung ho on taking pictures in the first place. My kiddos. They were my first and main models, and I loved learning my camera on them. I loved getting beautiful shots of them growing up. I decided when I got home that I would do better and take more pics of them.

Here’s a few for now:)

Kevin, doing airplanes with his hands. He is my blanket boy.

12

Rare calm moment with my rambunctious Ethan.

3

Beautiful Brooke. Love the catch lights in her eyes!

4

Love my kids. Today has been a good day so far. (Chaos hour hasn’t begun yet, at 4pm:) Hardly any tv, had some friends over for a playdate, and my boys played so nice with them. Practiced their manners. Made me feel like I’m doing something right. Mickey nuggets for lunch, and bike riding out front. Yup, its been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment