Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Recent times

Internet, at last! We switched to DSL  internet access, and man, it’s SO much faster! I am amazed. Pinterest loads faster on my phone, and that makes me blissfully happy:)

Here’s just a snippet of our home life:

Brooke continues to be an angel baby, almost 6 months. She’s 12 pounds, 24 inches, and growing like crazy. She loves to suck on things, smile at everyone, and melts our hearts. We are so thankful to have her in our family. The boys continue to love on her, and blow on her belly.

IMG_0632[1]

IMG_0633[1]

For months, I have been trying and trying to bake bread successfully. I have tried dozens of recipes. My problem is that I could never get it to rise high enough. It was always pitiful. I googled rising methods, trying everything from heating the oven to the lowest setting and putting the dough in there, to putting a cup of boiling water in the microwave and putting the dough there. I’d give up, then come back and try again, wasting more flour, but at last, I found a winner. Actually, it was the recipe that was shared at an enrichment activity last year at church. I just decided to come back to it and try again. When I saw how high it turned out, I screamed and sent a pic to Shaun. At last!!!!!!!!!!! Recipe here. I halved the recipe so I could make it in my mixer. Added some honey also. Me so happy.

IMG_0634[1]

My new favorite way of cooking potatoes. So crunchy and delicious! Recipe HERE.

IMG_0623[1]

Ethan had to get two cavities filled. He wanted Dada to come with him, and was a real trooper. Ethan slept while the dentist worked on him, came home, and slept some more. The only time when he naps ever is when he’s sick or something. It was a nice, quiet afternoon. Our dentist is so kind. He called later that afternoon to check on him. Good man.

IMG_0635[1]

And let’s not forget adorable Kevin, the pizza lover!

IMG_0542[1]

At church, I got a new calling, somewhere to serve, teach and such. I am a Beehive advisor, teaching the young women of 12-13 years. I nearly lost it when I received the calling, I was so excited, blowing my cover and revealing that I am a freak. I’ve always wanted to serve around the girls. I just thought it would be fun. I hope they leave me in there for a long time:)

2 comments:

  1. Erin, Brooke is adorable! Six months already, wow, time goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the calling I had to get released from because of work :( You are gonna do such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete