Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good thought

“I am convinced that women are special creatures, true daughters of our Heavenly Father, and that they arrive from heaven itself trailing clouds of glory earned through their premortal faithfulness and valiance, endowed with spiritual gifts and talents that are different, and in many ways, superior to those of men. Women have an advantage over men that is obvious. Men tend to think with their brilliant minds. Women, on the other hand, have an advantage in that they have equally brilliant minds, with sweet and tender hearts and God given instincts necessary to bring children into this world, nurture and raise them.” Elder Robert E. Wells, ‘Wonderful Women in my Life’ BYU-Hawaii Women’s Conference 1997

Just in case you forgot how wonderful it is to be a woman:)

I’m trying harder to fill my cup each day with good things for strength and peace. I need it so badly to be a better mom and wife. Been having some, well, highly challenging days in the mothering trenches, shall we say? Sometimes, it can leave you feeling completely drained and weaker than weak. We all know those days. It’s a constant reminder to me that I cannot do this without help from above, and that help will not come to me if I don’t seek after it. Pure and simple. The Saviour is there to help always, but waits patiently at the door, knocking but never opening. So, I hope to share some of the tidbits of goodness that I learn each week with you dear friends and family.

I’m reading this book now:

Saw it at my friend’s house, and found it for a whopping 0.02 cents on Amazon. Oh, how I love ordering cheap books online, and having them delivered to me when its tough to go shop with kids. Love the convenience of it! Very good book to feed your soul:)

1 comment:

  1. Well, even from the trenches you are still seeming to lift me up. You have a talent for that. Hang in there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete