Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer is here

Today, it was 106 degrees. First day of June. On the calendar, it says the ‘first day of summer’ is somewhere in the middle of June. Clearly, the calendar does not know desert weather. We live off watermelon, water and gatorade. We cannot live without playing in water. I’m so glad Mom taught me how to swim so early and put me in lessons. I love pools, waterparks, anything water and I think I passed that love onto my boys.

Last Monday, it was the first Memorial’s day that Shaun was off work in a long time. We got excited to grill. Steak and a fabulous honey lime chicken recipe. We invited good friends over, and the kids were the sole entertainment. Us parents sat outside in our camp chairs and just enjoyed watching the kids go nuts in the pool. I laughed, looked at us ‘grownups’ in our chairs, thinking ‘who needs TV when you have kids like this’.

My theory with these pools is this: You have to get the one with the built in slide, period. It’s not nearly as fun without the slide. That’s all:)

100_1090100_1091100_1092100_1093100_1094100_1095100_1096100_1097

My two darlings. Brooke is still such an adorable little girl baby. I love it when she pulls on my hair, and smiles at me. Love, love, love it.

100_1113100_1114100_1116

We let Ethan get his kicks on the pots. Boys being boys. Did our best to plug our ears and be good parents. Probably shouldn’t of given him plastic spoons, as they broke soon, but oh well.

100_1122100_1123

I heard of the idea to make your home a safe and loving place, a getaway from the busy, crazy world. Here is a little ‘safe place’ I made for the boys in the home. Just a little cave, and they love it.

Anyone else noticing how tall Ethan is getting? Dang!

100_1127100_1128

Went to a friend’s house, got inspired, and found this awesome wooden kitchen with loads of wooden food on craigslist. I considered it summer cabin fever survival gear. I love getting on the ground and playing with the boys doing food, cooking, and picnics. It is so cool, and so much better than the piece of crap plastic one we got awhile back. I love craigslist. Seriously get everything off there.

IMG_0696[1]

That’s what we’ve been up to, surviving the heat. Dear UT and CA friends, enjoy some cool summer weather for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment