Thursday, June 21, 2012

Instagram fun

Happy summer! More like, ‘holy hotness, Batman!’ Triple digits are here to stay until September, oh boy. Lots of time at swimming lessons for Ethan, and church pool parties each week. It’s heaven to be in the nice, cool water.

After seeing my friend’s lovely instagram creations, I decided to check it out. Oh my word, how fun!! I love the cute, simple editing of them. To me, all the pics look like they were taken in the 1980s. Vintage fun. Didn’t know Instagram is also another little social place to see your friend’s pics, too. More time balancing between Pinterest and Food Gawker, oh boy:)

 

IMG_0711IMG_0716IMG_0717IMG_0718IMG_0719IMG_0720IMG_0721IMG_0722IMG_0723IMG_0724

Ever since I quit using sulfate shampoo and starting the Curly girl method, my latest passion is browsing healthy products for my hair and body. Whole Foods is heaven.

IMG_0728

There’s an awesome lady at church who taught a class on interior design. I always want to decorate my home amazingly, but lack the ideas or means of keeping it in once place, (little kids:) Here’s a little spot that is lasting, so far. I love it. My aunt’s lovely art work of my old doggies, that neat Jesus board handout from church, a great dresser from craigslist, pitcher from DI, and neat flowers from Michaels.

IMG_0729

Shaun grills such great food! Bacon wrapped smoked turkey burgers below, so good!

IMG_0730IMG_0733IMG_0734

Ethan was helping me grate cheese for our dinner. It was rough work, and he had to take breaks:)

IMG_0742

I’ve been using this book to make some food for Brooke.

I made a recipe that used a simple cheese sauce mixed into her veggies. She went nuts, and went through 3 bowls worth. Yes, cheese is a wonderful thing to discover!

IMG_0743

Life just seems busier in the summer. Trying to stay cool, getting out to the pool and park, trying to help the boys stop the constant sibling fighting that I’ve heard is normal for boy brothers. I wish it could stop, but I just keep trying to have stuff for them to do. We miss riding our bikes, but that will come in the fall.

Next, I need to blog Ethan’s birthday pics. Hopefully, I’ll get to blog sooner, but it sure is busy around here! Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment