Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our family pictures 2012

My kind friend Addie White took our pictures for us this year, and I love them. Here’s a peek from the shoot:)

IMG_2689IMG_2725IMG_2751IMG_2763IMG_2769IMG_2781IMG_2842

Looking at these pictures, I see the growth and change from last year to this year. For one, we’ve lost so much weight since cutting out processed foods. My jeans are huge on me in these pictures. These were taken at the end of October. I wasn’t prepared to drop pant sizes from a 16 to a recent 10. It feels so good. I’m a firm believer that eating processed free is way more effective than weight watchers or any other diet. It’s just so fabulous.

Two, I just love my family so much. My sweet boys, and little darling Brooke. The first picture blows me away; everyone is looking at the camera! Amazing! Ethan and Brooke’s expression cracks me up, just chilling.

I love being a mom. I love stopping what I’m doing, sitting on the ground anywhere in the house, and holding Ethan or Kevin for a few moments. I think one of the best things you can give your kids is ‘holding’ time, just wrap your arms around them, and help them feel safe. Love doing that for them.

Ethan is getting so big and doing so much better. His eyes twinkle when he smiles and laughs, and his whole face lights up. He’s so handsome and darling.

Kevin is a giggling little ball of fury. He’s going through his mischievous phase of being three. This week, I turned the oven on to make Christmas cookies with the boys. After a few minutes, I smelled a very bad smoke smell, and saw white smoke coming out from the broiler area. I opened it, and found some shoes for Brooke that Kevin hid in there. He told me so, smiling. One was on flames, and the others melting like crazy. Argh! Took them out in a pan, doused them with water, and tried to explain that we don’t hide shoes in the broiler. Crazy Kevin! He flies through the air, off the couch, being Batman, and tickles us all the time.

Brooke is crawling like crazy, pulling herself up, and making talking sounds all the time. She is so darling, and I’m so in love with her. She clicks her tongue at me, and giggles. She hands me things off the floor, and loves her soft blankets. I love carrying her around in the baby carrier. I still can’t believe we have a sweet daughter to join our crazy boys. So blessed.

My sweet best friend, Shaun. He wears a necklace everyday that he made. It’s a small chain, with silver block letters that spell out ‘Erin’. I just think that’s so darling, and I love him so much. It’s such a joy to see him happier this year, to work less and have more time with us, and to start school. He’s working on some pre requisites to start nursing school. We’re just so happy that we’ve finally started school, at last!

Next week is Christmas! Shaun doesn’t work that day, so happy. We have some batman capes and remote controlled cars for the boys, and a few goodies for Brooke. They’re going to go nuts with excitement Christmas morning, around 6am probably, while we attempt to wake up and get the cameras out to document. Shaun and I just can’t wait to play with the kids and their toys. That’s the fun part. Got a turkey to cook. All will be well in the kitchen world:)

Merry Christmas, everyone!! Enjoy every little moment with your family, and eat some good food, too:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! And way to go on eating healthy and losing weight- that always feels good :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete