Monday, December 31, 2012

Our little Christmas

Happy New year’s eve! After seeing all the pictures of friends doing parties, games, and food with their kiddos tonight, I started to think that we were pretty lame for all going to bed early, as usual, and then I remembered that we have young kids. Ha ha! I guess parties will happen when they can stay up later and not get cranky, right? Hope everyone is having a great time tonight:)

We had a lovely, quiet, little Christmas this year. Shaun did not work on Christmas, like many years in the past, and that was a wonderful gift. We were able to get some presents for the kids starting back in August. Another huge blessing. It was a good day.

We got the boys remote controlled cars, and they loved them!

100_1339

100_1344

100_1364

100_1383

100_1371

100_1374

Fun hats from Aunt Dana, and a Kindle fire from Shaun!

100_1384

100_1386

I always like to get Shaun nice clothes from Target. He’s so sweet, and wears anything I get him. It’s like having your own Ken doll:)

100_1393

Brooke was happily swimming in paper.

100_1399

100_1406

100_1409

Playing on the kindle with Kevin, and the house aftermath.

100_1408

100_1400

And that was our happy day. Just playing with the kids and their toys, watching “Christmas story”, and staying in pajamas all day. Best way to spend the day.

I can’t believe Christmas has come and gone. This year has flown by. We learned so much this year, and were greatly blessed. It started out rocky and fearful, yet we were strengthened in our trials, and learned great lessons. Humbling times. I’m still trying to grasp all the great things I’ve learned this year, and yet, 2013 is tomorrow! I’m not ready, ahh! Yet, more great memories lie ahead. What a gift life is. I still can’t stop thinking of the families in Connecticut who lost their children. My heart aches for them, and I am constantly reminded to savor every moment I have with my family. I’m so thankful for it all.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and is having a little party of their own tonight. My party, since everyone is asleep, is to get under my down comforter, and watch a little more of “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”. A bit of a change from the days of sitting on my friend’s roof in Vegas with a bunch of friends, and watching the fireworks go off from the strip, but it’s something:)

3 comments:

  1. I think you look so beautiful in the picture of you snuggling up with Kevin showing him the kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun christmas! i bet your boys love those remote controlled cars, and that pic of brooke surrounded by wrapping paper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Christmas aftermath picture :)

    ReplyDelete