Monday, September 5, 2011

One more month!

Well, it’s getting closer to d-day, the arrival of Brooke! Can’t believe it. I have one more month left. She’s due October 8th, and she’s kicking and moving all the time. I love to stop and watch my stomach when she’s really moving. It’s still fun to see that. Ethan felt her move for the first time, and got excited. We got a nice swing off craigslist last week. Hard to keep the from boys sitting in it, so it went in the garage for now. All we need now are some new dressers from garage sales or craigslist, some binkys, some socks, and I think that’s it. I think we’re ready for the new chapter of learning to balance three kids. I thinkSmile

I figure the rest of the year after she arrives, we’ll be in survival mode. House may be a wreck, meals might be simple, but we’ll just try to get by on no sleep and figuring out how the heck to parent three kids. It’s going to be good times. I’ll just be thrilled to sleep on my stomach again, and get a little energy back.

I keep wondering what Brooke will be like. Will she be tall like Shaun, and tower over me in the future? I hope and pray she gets my hair. Before kids came along, my hair was much curlier, and it would be a blast for her to have that. I just hope she comes ok, and is healthy.

By the way, here’s a shot of me so you can see my largenessSmile

IMG_0224[1]

I try to walk on the treadmill to be ready for the labor. Happens about twice a week. Always feels great afterwards. Ready to eat a little healthier after she comes. Still gotta have pumpkin cheesecake for the holidays! I’ve just been trying to get through the heat of August. We go out a little in the morning, help the boys get some energy out, then we lay low with the a/c going at home, doing stuff for quiet time, me passing out into a nap with Ethan on my bed watching a show. I’ve been trying to do school stuff each day with him during quiet time, but I’m so pooped in the afternoon. We’ll get there.

Had the most wonderful weekend with Shaun being home. I had a wedding to shoot at the temple. So lucky! I kept dreading that I would go into labor or something, and not be able to show up. Thankfully, it went wonderful and smooth. I came home, and got super sick from Kevin’s cold he passed to me. It was such a blessing that I got sick after the wedding. Ethan, Kevin and I were all sick with colds. Well, Kevin got better as Ethan and I got it. Just used the gosh darn awesome oils 3 times a day, and three days later, Kevin was better, as Ethan and I got it. Shaun took care of us all, let me rest, slaved around the house doing laundry, dishes, and being the best husband on the planet. Love him so much.

So, it’s September, and I’m so excited for the Fall season! Isn’t it such a magical time? Bring on the crockpot soups!! Love my soup recipes I found last year. So good. So excited for the weather to be under 100 degrees. To be able to go to the park in the afternoon with the boys. Happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, you look great! I'm excited for you to get your little girl soon. Little boys are wonderful of course, but there is something so fun about having a little girl! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete