Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just waiting

Went to the OB today, and I’m a 2-3, which is better than a tight 2, yes! I’m scheduled for induction this Monday morning. Feels surreal. Monday, our family will get just a little bigger. I’m ready for Brooke to come out. These last few weeks are the hardest. Lots of tossing and turning at night, trying to get comfy, but I really have nothing to complain about. No swelling, didn’t throw up once this entire pregnancy, and just minimal heartburn. I’m so thankful for easy pregnancies, so grateful, but I’m looking forward to feeling in shape again.

Random things I’m addicted to at the moment that don’t hold a candle of importance in the eternal perspective of things:

  • Pinterest. Gosh, I’ve collected so many great ideas there, for homeschooling, recipes, Sunday bag activites for the boys, and the list goes on. Such an awesome site, and I’m terribly addicted and need therapy.
  • “Inside the Actors Studio”. Love, love watching this show at night in bed on my phone. Terribly addicted. I just find it highly fascinating. Things you’d never know about Hugh Jackman from watching him in “X-men”; he has a thick Australian accent, has a radiant smile that he flashes all the time, is a broadway star with a huge singing voice and incredible vibrato, and dances up a storm. Not quite the impression you’d get from Wolverine. The Robin Williams episode was a riot. The guy is seriously talented, and his mind goes so very, very fast with his humor. Not always clean, but incredibly talented.

Blessings that have happened recently:

  • I had an angel friend who came today to clean my carpets. Heaven.
  • We had an unexpected and wonderful short visit from Shaun’s Aunt Sandy. She took the boys and me out to dinner. Such a wonderful thing when that happens. We usually get spoiled by family about once a year. Not having hardly any family contact makes me appreciate it so very, very much when we get a little treat visit here and there. It’s wonderful!
  • Found a great, new dresser for the boys on craigslist.
  • Found Shaun’s Christmas present on craigslist. Made the mistake of taking Ethan with me to get it, while Shaun was home with Kevin. As soon as we got home, Ethan blurts out to Shaun “We got a bike for you!” So much for surprises, oh well.
  • Didn’t go into labor before the primary program last Sunday, and got to play piano for the program. Whew!

I just can’t stop thinking about how things are going to be a little different next week. I’m trying to spend good time with the boys, knowing that I will have to balance time with three soon. Can’t seem to meal plan for the life of me for the next few weeks. Racing to get some shopping done before I’m stuck at home for a bit. Dreaming of next week’s bliss of Shaun being home for a week. Absolute heaven!

Here’s a little pic of Ethan and I hanging out in my room for quiet time. Love that boy. He did so great on his little line for the primary program. I love tickling him, and tossing him around on the bed. Kevin is adorable, too. Getting more talkative, and getting closer to the big 3 years old! We’ll be getting bunk beds soon for the boys, and that should be fun.

 

IMG_0280[1]

So, here’s to a great weekend, listening to General Conference and getting spiritually fed, packing a little suitcase for the hospital, and having an adventure there. Hope she comes out ok, and everything goes well.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! So grateful you didn't go into labor before the primary program. I was really praying for that. :) Ethan did a wonderful job on his part. Can't wait to meet little Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers that everything goes well. We are so excited for you! Can't wait to see a million pictures!

    ReplyDelete