Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rain and other happy things

I love the rain. We rarely get it in the desert, so it’s a big deal when we have rainy weather. It makes me so very happy. Boys love it, too. Here’s a clip from yesterday.

The boys have been playing better together, just horsing around and being boys. I think this video is darling. Still working on the hitting factor, but you know.

3 weeks left, ahh!! 3 weeks, and then we’ll experience a big change. I keep hearing that going from two to three kids is hard. I’m bracing myself. I’m searching for simple recipes and more crock pot recipes, so I’ll be off my feet more.

I sorted and organized the girl clothes we’ve received into three huge storage bins. Such a blessing. I looked at all the pink and purple cuteness, and got excited to play dress up. I put some clothes in Kevin’s closet. A bunch of pink next to browns, blues and reds. Such a contrast.

Is there anything I need to know that will help our transition into three kids? Anything to help the other kids with the new baby? Do tell, I could use all the help I can getSmile

4 comments:

  1. I always had a gift at the hospital from the new baby to the older kids...they loved it and it gave them something to do at the hospital. Read books about a new baby coming..tons of super cute ones out there. Talk to them about what to expect etc... Of course they won't really understand until that baby is here. My Mom always said, that baby needs you to fulfill her basic needs but take advantage of her sleeping so much the first few weeks and spend lots of time with your boys when you can. I also used t keep a stack of puzzles and books next to me when I was nursing so we had something to do together.

    My advice is lower your expectations...sounds terrible but it is a big transition and it's okay to not get the dishes done or laundry all folded. It's okay to have pancakes for dinner (or cereal even). I think the first 3 months are pure survival so give yourself permission to live in survival mode! :) Honestly every child is a big change, the only reason people say 3 is a big change is because you are outnumbered now. But I thought #4 & #5 were just as hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having 3 kids. It takes me a lot longer to get ready with the 3rd child, but I haven't thought it was hard (so far). My girls are great with our baby though. I don't know what to tell you to help your boys love on their little sister. My girls just loved our little guy. I hope all is well, and I can't wait to meet her and see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's different for every family, but I actually found the transition from 2 to 3 easier than the transition from 1 to 2. But I agree, the first 3 months are purely survival. My mom told me when I was pregnant that it's ok for the baby to cry; you have to spend time with your older kids. It's instinct to rush to a crying baby, but it really is ok for them to cry for a while. She also found that if she spent one-on-one time with each older kid first thing in the morning (or older kids with mommy time) the kids were happier, more helpful, and less clingy during the day and she was better able to take care of the baby. She swears by that. My mom had nine kids and anytime I have a question, I bet you know who I call. :)

    Anyways, you'll do great! I can tell that you are a loving mom who wants the best for her kids, so combine that with help from Heavenly Father, and you are capable of everything!

    Can't wait to see pictures of beautiful little Brooke. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when we can bring in dinner! Good luck! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete