Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ethan’s birthday

My big boy just got bigger. Here’s Happy Ethan day in a nutshell. Ethan woke up happy and wired at 6:30, the norm. Shaun didn’t work that day, which made the day even better. We got a couple presents for him below. The Hotwheels bath toy has been a hit, and Kevin has pushed himself around on the scooter more than Ethan has.

100_0107

We went to our favorite water park, and invited a few friends. The best part of the day was when us grownups got totally drenched. Shaun, Darwin, and I stood under the buckets to see who would get wet first. It was so much fun. The kids nearby were laughing to see grownups getting totally soaked. Oh, how I wish this city would get a brain and rebuild Wet n Wild. We need it so bad.

Ethan just wanted to give a shopping cart a ‘car wash’. He is so funny!

100_0108100_0109

Pizza and cupcakes. Perfect combination.

100_0110100_0114100_0115

So, I would love to plan more extravagant parties and activities in the future. Right now, with the kids so young and tantrums abounding over diddly squat, (like the doggone balloons I thought would be nice to have but turned out to be massive stress), we tend to keep things REALLY simple for parties. I hope Ethan had a nice day, and we love him to pieces. Its fun to be a parent and plan fun things for your kids. You only hope that you are doing something good, and making a good memory for themSmile

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I know what you mean. I am all about simple. It is the little things that mean the most anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete