Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer fun

Summer is here. The heat is hot, getting close to the 100 mark. I felt it was time to do something drastic. I searched for a good deal on craigslist for a cuisnart ice cream maker. I wanted the newer, simpler ones that didn’t require rock salt. I found a great deal from a nice mom, packed the kids up, and headed east to pick it up. SO worth it. Our days are now filled with fun from this lovely appliance. I’ve been hunting down tons of ice cream/sorbet/yogurt recipes. (As you can see on my Pinterest boardsSmile) I can’t believe how wonderful home-made sorbet tastes!! Strawberry mango sorbet. Super hit. The boys have been loving this.

100_0166100_0168100_0169

Recently, we went out for a friend’s birthday dinner. It was a rare and nice treat to eat at Claim Jumpers, and see some friends from our old singles ward. Here’s a decent shot of me and my big tummySmile

100_0132

I am finding that this summer is going by way too fast! I take Ethan to swimming lessons, we come home and make ice cream, play in the little kid pool outside in the shade, and try to get a little rest at quiet time with Ethan. Thankfully, Kevin is still napping in the afternoon. I’ve been feeling little Brooke kick quite often. Fun stuff.

Still working as hard as I can to get some more photo work to help with the impending doom of hospital bills with Brooke’s arrival. I’m such a wuss, I have to have an epidural. I tried going natural with Ethan for a little bit. I made it to a 4, and about died. So,  I have great respect for those who have babies without drugs! My labors are so weird. 12-13 hour labor of waiting, waiting, and waiting. (Starving while waiting, and sneaking food from Shaun.) Then, 10 minutes of pushing. So, not too bad.

I had a prompting to offer a free bridal session to help build my wedding portfolio. It’s amazing how quiet the spirit is. It was just a simple, little thought, like ‘try this’. So, I got some eager and willing models, and I have a neat photo shoot idea I want to try, involving hanging bottles from trees, with flowers in them. We’ll see how that one goes!

Gotta get Kevin up. Have a great Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. You are not a wuss for having an epidural. You are smart. The way I look at it is, is good to enjoy your labor instead of hurting like no other and never wanting to do it again. I think epidurals are wonderful. You are such a great mom. I hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kamey! Don't ever say you're a wuss for getting an epidural!!! Lots of women get them. Why should you suffer when you don't have to? It doesn't make you a better mother to do it natural, so just handle your labor the best way YOU can because it's incomparable and different from what others experience! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, you're looking great! I'm so excited for little Brooke to come :)

    ReplyDelete