Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Good things

I find it incredibly helpful to write down good things that have happened. It helps me remember to count my blessings better. Here’s an assortment of good things I can recount that have happened recently:

  • I taught the hymn 'Choose the Right’ to the boys. Ethan has the chorus memorized, and Kevin loves to yell at the top of his lungs ‘choose the right!’. It’s quite funny.
  • Ethan gets upset if he doesn’t get to say the prayer over blessing the food and other occasions. Waited a long time for that to happen.
  • Discovered the wonderful LDS gospel library app for the iphone. I can read General Conference talks at night, highlight my favorite parts, and bookmark them, all the while snuggled under the comforter.
  • Trying to start a school routine with the boys, starting with ‘storytime’ at 9am after morning chores. The boys seem to like having a routine, and respond well to it. Well, duh! Sometimes, I’m so slow to recognize simple things to do with the boys.
  • Found a brand new food processor at DI for twelve bucks, to replace my old one that was ready to explode any minute, so old. Also found a new Fisher Price cookie jar/shape toy for Kevin, all for $1.50. Thank goodness for people who donate brand new appliances and toys to the greatest thrift store on the planet.
  • Got a few pretty, wicker baskets from DI in attempt to organize the home, with less books and toys all over the place. Super hard to keep a home orderly with young kids, but its worth a try so you don’t go crazy from the messiness.
  • Found a great pizza dough recipe that doesn’t require any time to rise. You can use it as soon as you finish kneading it. Go HERE for the recipe, and it’s the 2nd recipe listed in the post.
  • My last OB visit seemed to trigger something in me. I’ve been going to this OB for quite some time, and every time I go, it’s a 3-4 hour wait for my appointment. I try to get the earliest time at 10 am, and end up leaving by 1-2. Found out that day that my doctor doesn’t really care to be on time for her appointments. Utterly ridiculous. I decided I had enough, and felt super bad for my babysitters. Got some good OB recommendations, found one that was taking new patients and my insurance, but the biggest part, had a shorter wait time for the appointment. Got the whole deductible/deposit transfer junk figured out, and I got an appointment with Dr. Sheldon Paul this week. So very, very grateful for this answer to prayer. I can’t even begin to imagine what it would be like to get in and out of the OB visit in less than 4 hours. It’s too hard for me to believe at the moment, but we’ll see.
  • This summer has not been nearly as hot to me, being pregnant and all. I thought it would be harder to bear, but with lots of water, I’m doing ok. Yea!
  • I can feel the spirit helping me with the rough stuff of the boys, breaking up toy fights, constant hitting, etc. It’s still hard, but it’s nice to have some help from above.

These are just a few of the good things I can recall. It helps to keep a good perspective. One day at a timeSmile

100_0171

Ethan walking Sierra around the house. She puts up with him well, poor dog.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found another doctor! I hope she'll lose enough patients that she'll shape up. :) In a good office, you can get in and out in an hour. Sounds too good to be true after doing four hours, huh? Let us know how your first appt goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would write a letter to the doctor telling why you left the practice.

    ReplyDelete