Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blessings

Things are getting a tad easier with the boys. Ethan has been listening better, and it’s been so very wonderful. I’m not as worn out by the end of the day, and I’m enjoying the ‘trenches of motherhood’ part more. I’ve heard this happens when they get a little older.

Its been too hot to go outside, at least by 11am. If we’re not out of the house by 9-9:30, it doesn’t happen. So instead, we make something wonderful in the kitchen. Yesterday, we made vanilla bean ice cream, and chocolate sauce. Oh, so good. The sauce is lethal to have in the fridge. I just keep dipping my finger into it. Totally terrible, but insanely good. Vanilla beans are so expensive, but so worth it. The flavor from those little seeds inside the pod make it all worth it.

We were blessed to have some friends stay with us last night. Their kids and my boys had a blast sliding down the queen mattress that we prop on the couch, and supervise for injuriesSmile. I love it when my kids can play and have fun with other kids. It makes me so happy.

Getting incredibly anxious for a vacation. Back in my college/single years, I had no idea how important and much needed vacations would be when you are strapped down with bills and young kids. No idea, since it was so easy to jump in the car with roommates and go somewhere for the weekend. Now, I appreciate vacations so much more. Shaun and I are both burned out from the same routine of work and raising kids day in and day out, but we are doing ok. Counting our blessings, just really excited to have a break for fun.

Neat experience this week. I taught the boys about following Jesus and choosing the right. Ethan said if we choose the right, that Jesus will bring us surprises. That day, some sweet, blessed soul left a box of food on our doorstep. Ethan said ‘Jesus brought us surprises!’ Thank you, dear donator, for helping me teach an important lesson to my boys. Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment