Monday, July 25, 2011

Organizing the home

I got some motivation to organize the home, and make the school/library room more friendly. I also went through the kid’s closets, dejunked and organized. This happens when I don’t feel like packing the kids and house up to get out. Lots of good stuff happens at home.

IMG_0040[1]

The happy, little learning toy area.

IMG_0044[1]

Kevin enjoying the fun magneato toys. Good amazon investment.

IMG_0045[1]

The main reason why I did this bookshelf/organizing project; I wanted the toys more accessible for the kids. Success!

IMG_0046[1]

The hideous mess that will be rescued and organized on another daySmile

It’s been fun preparing this room and other spots of the home for school. I did some more researching on my most favorite home schooling blogs, 1+1+1=1, and Homeschool Creations, and got inspired again with ideas. During quiet time last week, while Kevin napped, I spent better time with Ethan doing games, school stuff, and books. I got the discovery toy cups with numbers, stuffed some little balls in Easter eggs, and had him count out the balls. He then put them in the matching cups with numbers. He then had fun just stuffing balls into the eggs. The kid is so, so smart, and almost intimidates me because he’s ready to learn anything. It’s exciting, and I want to do my best to make this home a house of love and learning. Even, a love of learning home. So, that’s me just trying to make better use of the time that is flying by.

Haircut day!

IMG_0052[1]

IMG_0049[1]

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment: