Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Morning peace

It’s 7am, and both my boys are still asleep. Rare for Ethan, as he’s always up between 6-6:30. Ethan came down with a fever late yesterday. It happened a little bit after our attempt to get out of the house, and let the boys play outside. After 10 minutes, we went back in. It’s still too darn hot. I’m not sure if that caused Ethan to get sick or not, but the poor guy was laying on the couch, not being his active self. I put some of my Doterra peppermint oils on him pronto, and he took a nap on our bed. Shaun took Kevin with him after work to get a new car battery. I love impromptu Daddy/son dates. Kevin was happy as ever to get out with Daddy.

I have a list of things to work on, and all I want to do is slow down and enjoy the moments. Do you find that you want to toss your errand list out the window, and just look around at the the blessings in your life? Sadly, the dishes still need done, and the laundry piles up, but it’s just more fun to play pillow fights with the boys, and be happy to have Shaun come home from work each day.

Good things I’m loving right now:

  • Pinterest. It’s so great, and I actually love it more than Facebook. Reason why; I find it to be my awesome idea gathering place. I love collecting ideas for food, home organizing, homeschooling, crafts, and organizing them onto my boards. Basically, it’s a place where you can ‘pin’ something you like on the web, a recipe or article, etc. You can follow your friend’s boards, and they can see yours. I have to be careful and time balance, but many times I am found in the bathroom with the phone. Pathetic, yup. You have to be invited to join, so let me know if you want an email invite.
  • “3 Idiots” Shaun brought home a redbox movie which made my day. I looked at the title, and my first thought was ‘dumb college movie’, or something. Far, far from it. It turned out to be a Hindu movie with subtitles. Awhile back, my dear friend Jenny and her family watched this movie called “Lagaan” while I was living with them. I was intrigued that they were into a really long, subtitled movie that actually was an awesome movie with a great plot. The main actor was great, and led his village to victory against the British in a cricket match. Lots of songs and dancing, too.  Anyways, as I watched the 3 idiots, and it had the Lagaan guy. Apparently, he’s the biggest actor in India, and this movie was the highest grossing Hindu movie ever. 2 1/2 hour movie, but not a boring part in it. The movie was such a fun find, a breathe of wonderful air from the usual cruddy movies that our country dishes out. (Usual! There are still some golden nuggets in our moviesSmile) It’s about three engineering students, one of them being Rancho. Rancho inspires his friends to dump their fears, pursue their dreams, and goes along lifting and helping everyone in his path.  He disappears after graduation, for ten years, and his friends start looking for him. Cute love story, super sad teary parts, 2 silly songs. Hindu music is so fun and different. So, while the planet is watching Harry Potter, I’m in bed at night watching this wonderful, little movie on my ipod, and it makes me happy.

The morning is moving fast. It’s so calm right now, and yet, it will get busy and loud with the boys waking up. Let’s hope Ethan is feeling better. Love being home to give hugs and tickles. Hopefully, I won’t be tempted today to cook every new recipe I find in the kitchen. It’s too much fun, but being on my feet too long catches up with me. Let’s just have pancakes for dinner, todaySmile

No comments:

Post a Comment