Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family visit

Can I say I’m so excited for Friday! This Friday is our Thanksgiving dinner day. Shaun’s off work, and we’re planning on  just chilling and eating, and being home. Well, except for me escaping with no kids to shop for clothes in the morning, which is my momma treat for me. The past weekends have been busy with Shaun staying with the kids, while I run off to the mountains to do photograph mini sessions, coming home to help with dinner, fussy kids during chaos hour, and putting them to bed. So, this Friday is exciting.

Way cute outfit on darling Brooke, who still is my easiest baby ever. She’s so content, and only cries when she’s tired or having tummy gas pains. She slept from 9-4:30 last night, which is why I’m able to be up this early and blog.

 

100_0629100_0630

Brooke has been a trooper with my active men. She’s had her head stepped on, slapped, poked at, and she’s taken it very well. The boys love her, and come running to me saying “Brooke’s crying” which helps since I don’t always here her with the dogs playing and boys running all over the place.

100_0631

Every now and then, I’m blessed to have a little visit with my extended fam, Kevin, Jacquie, and Brian, when they travel through town. This was it for our Thanksgiving family visit. They always bring goodies for my boys, and its so kind. Jacquie made me the most beautiful purple baby blanket ever. It’s luxury, and beats any store bought blanket. It smelled heavenly of downy fabric softener, and was SO soft. Needless to say, I promptly put Downy on my shopping list for this week, because I want all the blankets in the house to be that amazing. I wrapped Brooke in it, and smelled and touched the blanket to my face all day long. Love it.

100_0632100_0634100_0635100_0636100_0637100_0638100_0639

I still think we’re in survival mode, because the days are flying by, and I feel that I’m not being as productive with the boys as I’d like. I’m constantly helping Brooke, trying my best to spend time with the boys as she naps, scratch my head and wonder what exactly I did that day. I get up as early as my body will let me, work on finishing photo sessions for clients, (which I am so thankful to have had some work this season!) read scriptures and talks on my phone in bed, (love doing that!) and try to teach the boys to get me when the alarm goes off. Some days, the get up a wee bit early.

We’re also trying to get Shaun applied to school to start next year. Trying to start school for us has been the equivalent of taking the ring to Mordor. Something always seems to happen, and push us back, but it’s going to happen, dang it! It’s too awesome of a dream to not happen! So, we’re just keep chugging.

I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving this week! I’m going to brine a turkey for the first time, because I’m insane, and because I’m all about flavor in my food. I got my 5 gallon bucket, and I’m ready to go. We’ll see how it goes. Truly, I’m just stoked for my pumpkin cheesecake. Discovered that last year, and life has never been the same. It’s wonderful!

Enough ramblingSmile

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like things are starting to settle, a much as things can settle with three kids! And I just brined my first turkey all day yesterday. Pretty exciting. I will hear about how it tasted later today when my hubby gets home (it was for a work party). Hopefully the hubby is able to buckle down and focus on some school! It is challenging to go through as a family, but SO worth it once it's over. Happy to see you guys are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great your cute little baby slept that long. You got to appreciate those moments when you can. You have a beautiful family! It is so great to see pictures! love it! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete