Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mommy thoughts

Yesterday, the boys and I took Brooke to her checkup. We found out that she is a big baby for a one month old. She’s 90 above the percentile for height, and 50 above for weight. It’s official, she’s taking after Shaun’s six foot two genes. I’m so excited! She’s going to be a tall, gorgeous woman. So Shaun, Ethan and Brooke will be giants, and Kevin and I will be hobbits, us shorties. It was neat to find that out. She’s doing great, and growing well.

Today, I’ve been feeling especially grateful to be a mom. I don’t know why, nothing major has happened this week to make me feel this way, but I’m just glad to be a mom.

I love playing games and doing books with Ethan during quiet time. I love dropping to the floor anywhere in the home to hold Kevin when he’s having one of his emotional breakdowns. (Happens quite often, my sensitive son:)

I’m really trying to listen to the boys better, and respond back with questions. I think it helps them see that I’m trying not to always be the boss, but to understand them better. It’s a new way of talking and thinking, because it makes you slow down your talking and speak on a really, really, basic level. Now, I wish I was like this every day, but some days have been rough and there’s no patience in me left, but I’m trying.

Brooke is an angel, and such a gift from above. Every time I see her smile at me, it’s a small window to our heavenly home that we came from. I love her.

I’ve started reading another great Mommy blog, that I found through a friend. I love it. I try to limit my ‘mommy blogs’ to a small amount, to not get overwhelmed. I do my best to keep up with the lovely friend and family blogs on the right side that you see. This one is Clover Lane, and it’s just wonderful, but you must read this short article that she wrote HERE. It was so uplifting to read today. When you get time, read that post. It will help you remember why it’s so great to be a parent:)

It feels like the days are flying by, and I sometimes wonder if I’m doing enough to raise these kids right. I’m in the bathroom, and I’ll take a 30 second break (about how long it takes for the boys to come in and find me, with the dogs following and all cramming in. It’s over then:) to read something uplifting from my bookshelf in there. A church thought, a mother passage, or something, and I try to keep going and enjoy the moments. Yes, we’re still in survival mode with learning how to balance three kids, and eventually, things will get a tad smoother. I just love being home with them, making the food, tucking them in, and having pillow fights. That’s my rambling for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment