Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brooke’s blessing day

This last weekend was a busy and fun one! Shaun took off work Saturday so I could do more photo mini sessions. We love any day that Daddy is home, it’s wonderful. Shaun’s buddy Kyle and his family came in to town for Brooke’s baby blessing at church, along with sweet Aunt Sandy. She brought down this lovely baby blessing dress, with a little bonnet. She looked like an angel pioneer. Don’t you find that great weekends go by in a blink?

Here’s a few pictures from this week. Ah, Brooke is so cute!! Her headband was made by my crafty cousin Mel. You can see more of her wonderful creations at her etsy shop HERE:)

 

100_0590100_0591100_0594

Crazy Ethan:D100_0595

Getting Brooke dressed in her blessing dress. It’s so fun to play dress up with her.100_0597

Aunt Sandy and us. Isn’t Brooke adorable??100_0599100_0601

Here’s our humble little group that came out for Brooke. One family member along with an adopted family of friends. How grateful I am for all of them. It was such a nice Sunday.100_0604

Shaun and his goofy friend Kyle. The boys absolutely love “Uncle Kyle”100_0606100_0607

My sweet mommy and photog friend, Jessica. We get together with our kids at the park, and it’s great fun.100_0612100_0613100_0619

And then, it was time for everyone to drive back to their homes. Thanks for coming, guys!

Brooke is starting to come alive. She’s staying awake a little more in the daytime, and she’s started to smile at me. I’ll talk sweet to her, and she gives me the cutest smile, and it melts my heart. When that happens, I remember better how lucky I am to be a mom and have kids, these little gifts from above.

Yesterday for our Family Home Evening activity, we took the boys to get bike helmets. They were incredibly excited. We jumped into Bed Bath and Beyond to get some flannel sheets for them. I loved seeing the cotton flannel and down comforters in there, and remembering Mom. She was big on her cotton sheets and comforters, and I guess I’m carrying on the tradition with my family. Can’t live without them!

I just love having a home and warm beds for the kids, and being able to take care of all their little needs and enjoyments. We may be pretty pooped at bedtime from their energy, but at least we can have another day with them.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke is soo cute!! And I loved seeing her in my white baby afghan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brooke looks super cute! so fun to dress up a girl isn't it? :) it's too bad we don't live closer to each other, we would have come. :) happy blessing day!

    ReplyDelete