Monday, April 9, 2012

A new day

 

“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables.

Don’t you just love that quote? I think it’s lovely, and gives me a little smile.

What a week! Last Monday, Ethan had a bike accident and got a big gash in his chin. Shaun took him to the hospital and stayed with him to get stitches. Ethan was a trooper. I felt so bad for him, as it really hurt him, but he came home better. I guess that’s the first of many bumps and cuts for having rowdy boys.

We’ve been outside working in the garden like crazy, well, in the back part of the yard working on a chicken coop area. Yes, chickens, because we have the room for it, we want fresh and free eggs, and because I’m crazy! We’re only getting three hens of craigslist soon. It will be good times for the kids. Working on building a secure fence now. Pics to come soon.

Yesterday was Easter, and I was blessed to sing in the choir at church. Boys had to stay home with their colds, but we did churchy stuff. We attempted to dye Easter eggs. Kevin demolished his eggs shortly afterwards. Ethan enjoyed it.

This book! If you can, get it. I simply could not put it down. To read about her experience, her thoughts on motherhood and life, and the lessons she learned and is still learning was truly uplifting. Oh, such a good book.

One of the lines from this book was “Mothering them was an inexpressible joy” . I wrote that down on my white board to see each day. To be honest, some days don’t feel like an inexpressible joy, as we all know. Yet, I really want them to be. Sometimes, I just feel like I don’t have a clue on how to raise good, little boys. (Brooke is still in angel mode, but I’m sure will test us someday:)

So, on those rough days, I try to catch my breath, pray, and understand. I take the chance of asking questions on FB to dear friends, hoping I don’t sound whiny or negative. I don’t ever want to come across that way. I just know firmly that one can be blessed by sharing experiences and learning from feedback. I have seen this multiple times in my life, and I’m so thankful for it. I’m such an open book, it’s ridiculous, but I’m thankful for what I learn. Thanks, dear friends:)

 

Here’s some darling pictures I took of Brooke this last week:

123456

Isn’t she a doll? It’s good to be a mom, even with the rough days, it’s still a blessing:)

2 comments:

  1. cute pictures of brooke! love the purple bumbo. :) lana just loaned me the heaven is here book, glad to hear it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you know how positive and uplifting your writings and blog are. Thank you so much for your inspiring words and attitude.

    ReplyDelete